Wednesday, January 16, 2013

So Close


And yet so far......

I try to get a whole gallon number when I fill 'er up, and with the high speed pumps most truck stops have, that is a pretty good trick to hit .000. One one thousands of a gallon, though. Dern.

Who, me anal retentive? Whaddya mean?

Just to make it easier to calculate my account balances, I pump my own gas to the nearest dime.

Are you picky - do you "round it off," or do you just run until it clicks off and call it good?

Idea totally ripped off from a Facebook post by Little Trucker.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it happens to click off at an even dollar amount I'll leave it, otherwise I go for an even or half-dollar amount.

Road Pig said...

Even dollar

Jess said...

I'll shut it off at 18 gallons. That's my limit. Why? When gas prices started rising, and we had a hurricane, that was the magic number of $50, which was all that was allowed by local gas pumps. It stuck, but I've sure seen it get above %50.

Anonymous said...

I used to try to get close, now I just pump it and round up the check!

Dad Bones said...

I let the pump decide. If it stops at an even number or some number I like then I get to feel lucky, at least until I leave the station.

drjim said...

I'm sure glad I don't have to pay to fill that rig up!
$500!!!!!